Mission and Philosophy
We believe that safety, hard work, sustainability and teamwork are essential factors to our success.
- Safety – We promote an environment of safety first and duty second by providing monthly safety training, providing an easy reporting process for safety hazards, and using up-to-date technology to help our employees do the job safely and efficiently.
- Hard Work – “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” Hard work is what this business has been built upon, and it is vital to the continued success of our employees and Silent Shade Planting Company.
- Sustainability – We incorporate the latest technology to get the most out of every acre with the least amount of ecological impact.
- Teamwork – Whether in the office or in the fields, we work very closely together, and group unity is essential to help Silent Shade fulfill its mission. All of our employees are expected to share a mutual respect for one another and to work as a team.
Mission & Values
Our mission at Silent Shade Planting Company is to safely and efficiently produce high-quality raw food and fiber commodities, to maximize profitability, to support our rural community, and to advance agricultural practices to meet the needs of future generations to come. We work to accomplish this mission by employing the following core values:
- An ethical, sustainable business model
- A safe working environment
- Excellent land stewardship practices
- Efficient use of inputs
- Innovative farming techniques
- Investment in our rural community